On 13/10/2018 19:55, Michał Zegan wrote:
Hello,
I seem to be asking many questions lately, although I am actually
interested in some motivations. I was reading code of builtin class
loaders, and from what I understand from that, it seems that classes
loaded by builtin class loader including app class loader, if loaded
from a signed jar, are properly verified, however signers are not
retained in CodeSource. Is this intentional/why?
The support for signed modules is very limited at this time. The signatures are checked but the code source in the protection domain doesn't have the signers - this is tracked as JDK-8194930. To do that right may require adding a codeSigners method to ModuleReference or ModuleReader. There is further work needed at link time and in the runtime image to support linking of signed modules into a run-time image. Just hasn't been a priority to date and would need someone willing to put in significant time to work on the various pieces.

-Alan