W dniu 14.10.2018 o 09:12, Alan Bateman pisze:
> On 13/10/2018 19:55, Michał Zegan wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I seem to be asking many questions lately, although I am actually
>> interested in some motivations. I was reading code of builtin class
>> loaders, and from what I understand from that, it seems that classes
>> loaded by builtin class loader including app class loader, if loaded
>> from a signed jar, are properly verified, however signers are not
>> retained in CodeSource. Is this intentional/why?
> The support for signed modules is very limited at this time. The
> signatures are checked but the code source in the protection domain
> doesn't have the signers - this is tracked as JDK-8194930. To do that
> right may require adding a codeSigners method to ModuleReference or
> ModuleReader. There is further work needed at link time and in the
> runtime image to support linking of signed modules into a run-time
> image. Just hasn't been a priority to date and would need someone
> willing to put in significant time to work on the various pieces.
My opinion is that at least the first part of it should be done, as it
is the easiest and least problematic (probably?) especially that all
module readers I know (implemented in jdk) use the JarFile class to
process jars, so have access to the needed information. The part about
runtime images and linking may be more problematic.