As I need to quickly deliver the feature, I finished the testing by applying
the samplings from five different machines with jmeter running locally on
all the machines(to simulate sampling from different ipaddress).

But out of curiosity, I started looking in to the jmeter running remotely.
Like you said, I tried with jdk 1.4. I am getting the following exception

java.rmi.ConnectIOException: Exception creating connection to: <IPAddress>;
nested exception is:
        java.net.NoRouteToHostException: Operation timed out: connect
java.net.NoRouteToHostException: Operation timed out: connect
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown S

I could able to ping to that IPAddress from my machine.

Any suggestions please.

-D