I would rather preserve 2.0 for a significant overhawl. We should definitely change major version # if we break some backward compatibilty, shouldn't we? So, wouldn't users expect some such breakage if we switch to 2.0 now?

In other words: I'm rather for 1.10 -- which is what comes after 1.9.

--
Salut,

Jordi.

En/na [EMAIL PROTECTED] ha escrit:
1.9.2 wouldn't be appropriate for the general naming scheme JMeter's been using and would give people the wrong information about this release.

1.10 and 2.0 seem like the reasonable possibilities to me, but if we go 1.10, then where does that stop? If we do that, then we'll have to have some justification in the future for ever going to 2.0. Whereas now, the reason for 2.0 is obvious - it's what comes after 1.9. I see no reason to fear it.

-Mike