On 01/09/2009, Daniel S. Haischt <daniel.hais...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  in Apache OpenEJB  we are now supporting several webservice security
>  (WSS) features such as authentication based on the username token
>  profile (using the WSS4J API). I'd  appreciate if you could answer the
>  following questions:
>
>  1) Does Apache JMeter support the OASIS Web Services Security
>  (WS-Security) stack or parts of it?
>
>  2) Does Apache JMeter support SOAP with Attachments (SwA) and the
>  attachment profile 1.0 (including support for swaref elements)?

Not that I am aware of.

JMeter has HTTP(S) samplers using the Java and Apache HttpClient (3.1) stacks.

There is a Webservice sampler but it uses an ancient version of Apache
SOAP (2.3.1?) and is quite slow.

There is also the SOAP/XML-RPC sampler (uses Apache HttpClient 3.1).

>  If  both or one of the above features are not supported by Apache
>  JMeter I might try to implement both WSS support and SwA support for
>  Apache  JMeter.

That would be very useful, thanks.

>  Could you give me some pointers on how to accomplish
>  such a task?

See:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/building.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/extending/jmeter_tutorial.pdf

and the source of course, particularly:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/jmeter/trunk/src/examples/org/apache/jmeter/examples

Coding a sampler is pretty easy, you just need to implement the
Sampler interface.

The bulk of the work is normally setting up the GUI.

I suggest you have a look at the existing sampler GUIs and determine
what needs to go in the GUI. If you need help with coding the GUI,
please post on the JMeter-dev list.

As proof of concept for the sample code you could use the BeanShell Sampler.
It should be easy enough to convert the code to a normal JMeter sampler later.