I was going to use it to change the email address on each request
[EMAIL PROTECTED] . . [EMAIL PROTECTED]
which from what I can gather it seems like exactly what it is supposed to do, however
I wasn't sure. My biggest problem is a frustration similar to yours. I am trying to
parse contents from one request and use the parsed data in another. My request when
sent looks like:
 http://staging.clientsite.com/
but gets rewritten to look like this:
Sampling url: http://staging.clientsite.com/tier1/OwnersLogin?TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06
-3c910fef-c08c-0089-0000-207f0000207f&GUID=&SMAUTHREASON=0&TARGET=http://sm.clientsite.
com/member/OwnersLogin
What is the best way to deal with this. Does that mean you put a link parser before
every request or will one link parser work for all subsequent HTTP requests? My simple
Test plan is shown below:
ThreadGroup

|-HTTP Defaults
|-Cookie Manager
|-Http Request to /
 + --------+ Modification Manager

           +----Link Parser
            |----HTTP Request To Login -This one gets the parsed Values and has params
GUID, TYPE, RELMOID, SMAUTHREASON, etc set to ".*"
            |----HTTP Request To view preferences - Is this one supposed to get the
parsed values too right now it isn't even when I put a parser right before it??? BTW
It has all the

Yet when I run it I never even get to the View preferences page even though It
successfully requests the "/" and "login" page. There is no error it just never
executes the request to view preferences. A look at the View Results graph will show
only the login page, never the preferences page.

  Tanya Powell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi David,
in my case, it didn't do anything. And honestly, I didn't understand fully
what it does and I can't get it back in to any test script so I can't even
look at it. :-)

The Parameter Mask does not handle responses, so I guess it modifies requests
as in loops etc. but that's opnly a guess.

Have you got a Parameter Mask in your Test? If your interested: how did you
get it there?

Tanya

Am Tuesday 23 April 2002 22:23 schriebst Du:
> Congratulations on getting that working. I still don't understand what the
> parameter mask does though, and the documentation for it makes no sense to
> me. What do you use it for?
>
> -David-

Your System Softwareentwicklung, Web, Datenbanken
Turnerstr. 3 Fon: +49 (0)40 4321 359-0
D-20357 Hamburg Fax: +49 (0)40 4321 359-9
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.your-system.de