Hi Mike,

> From: "Mike Stover" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> This sounds like more than one machine can handle, regardless.  Have you
> thought about using JMeter's distributed capabilities?  It allows you to run a
> JMeter GUI on one machine that can control multiple JMeter servers running on
> other machines.

Yes, I believe I will need to do this.  I'm thinking of obtaining a new 2GHz
P4 machine as the main testing machine and then seeing what resources I can
pilfer of other machines that happen to be available at the time.

Could you possibly provide some feedback on the questions included I the
paragraph below?  Most importantly I need to know if the results files will
all come back to the controlling machine.

>> From the various comments received I am thinking that multiple client
>> machines are going to be necessary.  The Remote Testing documentation
>> appears to suggest that the jmeter testing engine would be running on the
>> application server (I assume in my case this would be the web server), but
>> wouldn't this be using resources that should be kept available for the
>> application?  I assume remote testing can also support multiple testing
>> engines that execute their scripts against a common application server - is
>> this correct?  How would I go about combining the results from the testing
>> executed on multiple clients - would it be a simple matter of merging the
>> results files?  Has anyone tried this?

Thanks,

Scott
--