Raza Hashmi wrote:
If any body can shed some light on this, would be greatful,

I have installed jmeter on my laptop(win2000), and I have also installed
JDK1.4, I wanted to test website which is behind the firewall,
I tried to make a setup by defining JAVA_HOME environment variable, which
is now pointing to jadk1.4 folder.

To make Jmeter  jar files accessible,  I copied
/ext/ApacheJMeter_core.jar
/lib/jorphan.jar
/lib/logkit-1.0.1
into JDK1.4/bin folder

As I am running Jmeter from my machine while the website is behind
firewall, to run Jmeter,  I did the following
Here I am not sure, as hould I do this or not

1: First I ran rmiregistry
2: I run jmeter  as "jmeter -s"
3: added the IP address(of the website that I want to test)  in remote host
file by editing jmeter.properties file..
4: I ran jmeter.bat from my desktop,

After getting into Jmeter main screen, I defined, thread group and values,
then I defined "HTTP request" wherein I entered http request name, server
IP address/port #(80) and path.

Then from main menu I chosed "Remote start" which now shows my website ip
address, but immediately after clicking this, return error as "Bad call to
remote host"
When I get it right, you are running a JMeter server on your webserver because the webserver is behind a firewall and this way you try to bypass the firewall. I guess the "Bad call to remote host" is caused by the firewall because JMeter is not able to reach the rmiregistry port 1099 on the remote host. Anyway, if port 80 is not blocked by the firewall there is no need to use a remote JMeter server to test your web application, just run the tests on your local machine.

Oliver