On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 16:48, Cameron Zemek wrote:

[snip]

I can't believe it. I got remote testing working, and it give accurate
results for 100 threads with 0sec ramp-up. Remote testing wasn't working
because the client machine was reporting the wrong ip address because of
an old entry in /etc/hosts . Don't know why it was doing this, but I've
got it working none the less. By the way, is it okay to run the
jmeter-server on the machine you are testing???

Mike Stover posted "No, you should never run JMeter on the same machine
as the server you are testing. When I say JMeter server, I mean an
instance of JMeter running in "server mode".  In version 1.7.1, JMeter
is run in server mode with "jmeter -s".  In 1.7, you use the
jmeter-server script file."

But it didn't seem to use much CPU, when I used remote testing. What
does the JMeter server do?