JMeter works (when testing HTTP) by simulating the behaviour of a web
browser, so the answer to your question is yes, JMeter can be used to test
ASP applications as well as JSP, HTML, Servlets, PHP, etc. (basically
anything you point a browser at).  JMeter can also be used to test JDBC,
SOAP and Java classes.

Cheers,

Scott
--