In the regular expression component, you can specify that you want
a to use a random match (if your regex matches multiple
instances).  You can also use the Random() function if you just
need a random number.

-Mike

On 2 Oct 2003 at 9:53, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Thanks a bunch!
>
> Maybe I was a bit unclear about the second case. Basically I was
asking
> whether it is possible to create random parameters. Assume
there are
> records with RECORD_IDs from 1 to 100. Can I make JMeter
pick one ID

-------------------------------------------|

>   |       To:       "JMeter Users List" <jmeter-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                                                         |

-------------------------------------------|

> I do the first bit for my application load test, not sure what you're
> asking in the second point.
> This is how to do what I think you're asking for in your first
question:

> When a user clicks the "create entity" button in our app, the result
page
> displays something along the lines of "entity created with id: X".
>
> The ID displayed on the create entity result page is actually a
business
> ID, not the surrogate key, but by a quirk of our system, that's
exactly
> what we need to pass as the identifying information to the other
pages in
> our system (don't ask).
>
> We extract the entity id with a regex extractor with approximately
the
> following settings:
> Name: entity ID extractor
> Reference name: UV.entity.id
> Regular expression: (entity created with id: )([0-9]+)
> Template: $2$
> Match No.: 1
>
> "UV.entity.id" is the name of the variable that JMeter will stick the
> extracted id into (the UV prefix is part of our JMeter variable
naming
> standard, supposed to stand for UserVariable).
>
> Then for example, when we want to navigate to the view page for
that
> entity, we create a HTTP sampler with the path field looking
something like
> "<app context>/jsp/EntityView.jsp?entity_key=${UV.entity.id}"
>
> Note that if the result page doesn't display the key you need in
order to
> navigate to the view page (and why should it?), then you'll have
to alter
> your app to stick it in a HTML comment or something.
>
> Cheers,
> Shorn.

RECORD_ID

> > - RECORD_ID is selected randomly, request is made to
> > "someAction.jsp" with
> > the obtained RECORD_ID?
> >
> > If this can be done, what are the effects on test performance?
> >
> > - - -
> > Janne Mattila
> > Järjestelmäsuunnittelija
> >
> > Key Partners Oy
> > Polttimonkatu 4, 33210 Tampere
> > Puh. + 358 20 551 6188
> > Gsm + 358 40 849 1074
> > Fax + 358 20 551 6200
> > www.keypartners.fi

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Michael Stover
[EMAIL PROTECTED]