From: Jan Hoskens [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 May 2004 11:00
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Html request paramters

I also tried the regular expression extractor, but I did not find a way to
make that work. I then looked at functions, with the function helper dialog
under the options menu.
You have to fill in 6 fields and then generate the function:

1) <input type="text" name="inputId" value="(.*)">
2) $1$
3) 1
4)
5) 1
6) inputId

That will give something like:

${__regexFunction(<input type="text" name="inputId"
value="(.*)">,$1$,1,,1,inputId)}

Paste that into the parameter field (actually wherever you want) and the
second time you want to use the value in the same request, use the id you
gave in the function: ${inputId}

There's some explanation in the userdocs with jmeter too, look for functions
in the index.

Kind Regards,
Jan