Remote servers

The Goal: To scale stress testing up by allowing testers to add servers
and control them remotely through a single gui instance that integrates
the results from all the servers.

The Reality: 5 remote servers sending every byte from the web server
being tested on to the single client gui makes those 5 servers no faster
than the single client would have been in any case (because the
bottleneck is usually java IO, not client side processing).

Further problems: you can't simple create a complex test and go - if
there are supporting files, they all have to be carefully placed onto
each remote server manually before testing.  Ideally, the remote servers
should get everything they need from the client machine when you click
"go".

At the moment, it's pointless.  I achieve the same goal by manually
running multiple machines in non-gui mode, starting them all at roughly
the same time, letting them run for a long time, and then merging the
resulting .jtl files into one and loading into a visualizer.  Far from
ideal, but solving the remote testing issue would take a lot of doing,
IMO.

-Mike

Apache Software Foundation