Hi Bob..
What a great piece of information! I've certainly been doing this the hard
way.
However, I cannot seem to get this formula to work. I understand where all
of the values are coming from (except the 7200000 that is added to the
jmeter timestamp). the 86400000 is the number of miliseconds in a day (since
jmeter records it's timestamps in miliseconds), that converts the jmeter
style of total number of miliseconds to Excel style of fractions of a day
and the 25569 is the number of days from 1/1/1900 to 1/1/1970. dividing by
the number of miliseconds in a day and then adding the number of days
between the Excel startpoint and the Unix epoch should do the conversion.
I'm confused about the 7200000 being added to the orginal timestamp, but the
formula doesn't convert to the correct timestamp regardless of whether I add
that value or not.. without the value, it's closer but still off by a couple
of hours (and minutes and seconds). I'm comparing the converted timetamp for
the first sample to the timestamp in the jmeter.log for when the first
thread started. It is possible I suppose that they could be a second (maybe
even two) off, since I assume the jmeter.log timestamp is at the beginning
of the first threads run and the first timestamp in the jtl is at the end of
the first sample, but not several hours. I tried rewriting the formula
simply based on what I learned reading about Excel time values (thanks Joel)
and knowing that the jmeter timestamp is the number of miliseconds since the
epoch which gave me this [(A1/1000)+2209161600)/86400]. here I'm just
converting the timestamp to number of seconds first then adding the number
of seconds from 1/1/1900 to 1/1/1970 then dividing that total by the number
of seconds in a day. this didn't work either and yielded the same result as
the formula you supplied when I removed the mysterious 7200000 from the
equation.
I'm baffled, any suggestions?
Thanks, Chuck