At present I don't think there is any communication possible between
different thread groups - apart from properties, which are shared.

One way to achieve what you want would be to set a property in one
group and test it in the other.

The latest CVS code has a property setting function.
Or you can use BeanShell (have a look at the .bshrc files) to set the property.

Your first group would need to have a structure like so:

Thread Group (once only)
- Loop Controller (as many times as needed)
- Some element to set the property, e.g. BeanShell Sampler. This would
generate an extra sample.

S.