http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Request

if you look at the Http request, you should see "retrieve all embedded
resource".  if you check that, Jmeter will retrieve all the images.
Keep in mind that most users are not going to download all the images
on every single page. Any image that has already been downloaded and
cached in the browser won't be re-downloaded.  the exception to this
case is when a user explicitly sets the browser to always retrieve
every image.

I'm assuming there's access logs from production. What I tend to do is
look at the log report and figure out the ratio of images to pages.
this way, you get closer to simulating real traffic conditions.

peter