Thanx for your quick reply. I am trying to connect to google and check
whether the samplers are recorded. I started it with required info jmeter -H
111.111.111.111 -P 3128 -u xxx -a yyy information in the command line but
could not get the samples recorded.

Pls find the jmeter.log details given below

2005/06/27 19:30:31 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Proxy: OK
2005/06/27 19:30:31 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Creating
Daemon Socket... on port 0
2005/06/27 19:30:31 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Proxy up and
running!

Thanks & Regards
Ravi shankar S

                      Michael Stover

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
                      org>                     cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Could not record
scripts
                      06/27/2005 07:14

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "JMeter Users

                      List"

Not sure I understand your environment fully, but it sounds like your
connection to the app you are testing now has to go through a proxy.
This proxy has nothing to do with JMeter's recording proxy though.  To
tell JMeter to use a proxy server, you must start it with information in
the command line:

jmeter -H proxy_host -P proxy_port

See
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/UserManual/GettingStarted#proxy
for more details.

-Mike

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 16:43 +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> hi,
>
> I earlier had a direct connection through LAN so I used to put
>
> Address: localhost
> Port: 8090
>
> in the IE -Tools-InternetOptions- Connections - LAN Settings - proxy
server.

> Jmeter HTTP proxy server will have the same port: 8090. It worked fine.
Now
> we have been routed through proxyserver
>
> say  for example (The IP and port are not changeable)
>
> Address: 111.111.111.111
> Port: 3128
>
> My Attempts so for
> ------------------------------
>
> I tried to connect with
>
> Address: 111.111.111.111
> Port: 3128
>
> in the IE -Tools-InternetOptions- Connections - LAN Settings - proxy
server.

> Jmeter HTTP proxy server will have the same port: 3128. With this I was
> unable to record the samplers under ThreadGroups.
>
> Pls find the Jmeter.log (There was no error in the console)
>
> 2005/06/27 16:32:56 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Creating
> Daemon Socket... on port 3128
> 2005/06/27 16:32:56 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Proxy up
and
> running!
> 2005/06/27 16:35:28 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Proxy
Server
> stopped
> 2005/06/27 16:35:29 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Proxy: OK
> 2005/06/27 16:35:29 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Creating
> Daemon Socket... on port 8090
> 2005/06/27 16:35:29 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Proxy up
and
> running!
>
> Kindly let me know where  Iam wrong
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Ravi shankar S
>
> Important Email Information :- The  information  in  this  email is
> confidential and may  be  legally  privileged. It  is  intended  solely
for
> the addressee. Access to  this email  by anyone  else  is  unauthorized.
If