From: sebb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:24 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: regarding hidden fields

On 25/05/06, Harinath Mallepally <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> How can we enforce that hidden fields are used with http requests
> automatically?  That is, when I browse a web page and submit a form,
> there will be some hidden fields specific to that user, which are been
> passed between the webserver and the browser.

JMeter is not a browser; it does not understand any page processing
such as javascript.

If any fields are to be passed back, then these will have to be
handled by extracting the appropriate values and passing them back as
parameters  with the appropriate name and value.

You can do this with the Regex Post Processor.

> When I want to record a transaction and then repeat it for other
users,
> I want to ensure that the hidden fields are used specific to that user
> logged in. right now I see the same hidden field values of recorded
> transaction are been used for all users leaving the system in
> inconsistent stage.

See above.

> Any help will be great in this regard
>

> Thanks
>
> Harinath

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses.
Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not
liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this
e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.