Results analysis can be somewhat subjective based upon the metrics you deem
important. Like all engineering Software engineering is not always Blank and
White. From a software engineering perspective I tend to establish a baseline
metric such as configuring a single ThreadGroup with a loop count of 1 with a
Listener: View Results in Table with the following column label fields: Sample
#, Start Time (in thousandths of a second), Label (application link url
executed), Sample Time (ms), Status, # of Bytes. I then create another Test
Plan with more than one ThreadGroup. Each ThreadGroup will have a loop count
greater than 1, say, 3 for example. I then run the new Test Plan and then
perform a so-called Gap Analysis which is a simple comparison between the the
two different Test Plans used for the target report analysis. This means to
compare the results of the baseline metric Test Plan to the second Test Plan
that has a more aggressive load test built into the ThreadGroups. You co
 uld also add another Listener such as a Graph Results Listener which will
display graphically the results of your View in Table Results Listener. And, as
stated below you could migrate this basic (baseline versus failure) testing
model to a distributed Test Plan that can stress load test your system much
more aggressively. The test model remains the same: 1. construct and execute a
baseline Test Plan using arbitrarily low inputs (ThreadGroup users, loop count,
etc.), 2. construct a failure Test Plan such that unit increments in
ThreadGroup users and loop counts lead to application failure. Application
failure means the first observable transaction loss. This means the target
application failed to complete a transaction or dropped the intended
transaction in total. Once both Test Plans have been completed through to
gathering the tabulated and graphical results you can include screenshots of
the baseline Test Plan compared to the results of the failure Test Plan in your
targe
 t report. HTH.

maalamaal wrote ..