> The documentation may not make clear that all spaces are significant,
> but equally it does not say that leading and trailing spaces are
> ignored.

My expectation was that spaces were ignored.  If this is not the case,
it would be handy to make that point clear in the docs.

> >  Is there a reason that the parser did not trim the name parameter?
> >

> The parser does not trim any spaces.
> It does not know which parameters might need leading and trailing
> spaces, and which parameters could be trimmed.
>
> So it would have to trim all parameters, which might break some test plans.

OK, I can understand this from the parser point of view.  How about
the functions themselves?  Is it realistic to allow variable and
property names to contain leading and trailing spaces?  Could the
function processors themselves (_setProperty for example) be modified
to trim the leading and trailing white space from a variable or
property names?

Michael