From: Anthony Chadszinow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: csv Data Set Config
To: "JMeter Users List" <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2008, 4:38 PM

Here's a link to the true rules of the CSV format
http://www.creativyst.com/Doc/Articles/CSV/CSV01.htm

The format you specify sounds fine.

I think you can do the test actions you mention in two ways.  First is a
loop within a single test plan so one thread of jmeter does all the
logging in as the X number of users in the CSV file.  Then that test can
run concurrently so you get lots of the same users logging in concurrently.

Another way I believe is each thread running can grab a different user
from the CSV file and perform the actions you listed as that user alone.

How did you want to test this application?

Chad

akshata s.m. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 5 http requests which perform Login, display homepage and logout.
>
> For my application, i want to login as user1, execute the samplers and
logout.
> And then login as user2 repeat the process and logout.
>
> I am trying to use the CSV Data Set Config for my application to login as
different users but one after the other.
> I have a csvdata.txt file at the location of my jmx file. I would like to
know the format of the csv file.

--
Anthony Chadszinow
MySource Classic Lead Developer

Squiz
92 Jarrett St Leichhardt, Sydney NSW, Australia 2040
t:    13000 SQUIZ ( Support )
t:    8507 9900 / 1300 130 661
f:    8507 9988
e:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
w:    www.matrix.squiz.net
w:    www.squiz.net

Sydney  |  Melbourne  |  Canberra  |  Hobart  |  Wellington  |  London

Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net

IMPORTANT:This email (and any attachments) is commercial-in-confidence and
or may be legally privileged and must not be forwarded, copied or shared
without express permission from Squiz. If you are not the intended
recipient, you may not legally copy, disclose or use the contents in any way
and you should
contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] immediately and destroy this message and any
attachments. Thank you.