Hi,

First of all I am from Germany so my English is not the best :confused: and
i think I have a noob question, because I used JMeter for the first time
today.
Sorry for both :-(

I think someone with JMeter experience can easily help me:
I would like to test the performance of different CMS like Joomla, Contenido
etc.
I'm running them on a xampp-environment on my dual core pc - which got about
the performance of the webserver where the website will be published later.
I calculate with max. 400 users on the website at the same time.

So i created a JMeter test which shows me the Latency & Load Time. The test
is working fine. I just dont know which values make sense for "Number of
Threads", "Ramp-Up" and "Loop Count".
I dont think all max. 400 users will start a request exactly at the same
time. Does someone got values which make sense for such a test?
And where to run the test? On another computer in my lan? Or is the
lan-capacitance (100Mbit) a bottleneck for such a test? Would it better to
run the test on the Server itself?
What hardware on the test-client side do i need to run the Test?

Thank you very much!