Hi,

if you need some general information on performance and load testing,
there are a few links on jmeter wiki pages you could check.

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/

You could start by reading "User Experience, not Metrics Series" series

http://www.perftestplus.com/pubs.htm

and "Performance Testing Guidance for Web Applications" guide

http://www.codeplex.com/PerfTestingGuide

- both mentioned in the wiki.

Basically, you need requirements first, then you can develop a user
model (i.e. what kind of requests and in which order users send to
your server) for your site and put together a test script based on
those, which you will run to get the performance data for your
project.

Regards,
Andrey

2008/11/20 SkyLiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks but your answere doesn't help me.
> Like i wrote, this (the article) is exactly what i did and its working fine!
> I understand what the values are for, but i dont have experience in testing.
> So i dont know which values make sense for a website with max. 400 users at
> the same time. They wont all do a request at the same time i guess.
> And there is nothing about where to run the test and a possible lan / client
> cpu bottleneck in the article.
>
> Can someone with experience please help me with the values? :confused:
>

> Hi,
>
> as usual, you should start by reading the first few sections of the
> user manual. You should at least read the "Building a Web Test Plan"
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/build-web-test-plan.html
>
> All your questions are answered there and in other beginners sections
> of the manual.
>
> Regards,
> Andrey
>

> --