Hi,

The following regexp, which contains a counter variable ${loopCount}, works
for me:

general000${loopCount}

It matches the value general0001,general0002 etc as ${loopCount} increases.

However, this regexp doesn't work:

general000(?!${loopCount})

It should match everything but general0001 on the first loop etc. However it
matches all values including general0001.

Do I need to escape some of the characters?

The bigger picture is a test plan with a java sampler. The sampler is
designed to select a number of objects from a folder. The regexp above is
used to determine which objects to select. I'm not using the jmeter
regexFunction, I'm relying on jmeter to carry out the value substitution on
the text string which then gets passed into a java class which does the
regexp evaluation.

Any thoughts appreciated

cheers

efj