Hi,

I'm running a distributed test all on one system (to take advantage of IP
aliasing) with one thread per instance of JMeter.  When I watch the
processes with top on my RH Linux box, the memory usage of each JMeter
instance seems to be rising dramatically over time.  The same number of
threads running for 5 mins uses around 1.5GB of memory total by the end of
the run but when running for 30 mins ends up using closer to 4GB.

I'm using the HTTPClient for all calls so that should be avoiding the HTTPS
memory leak (only using HTTPS during the initial log on step anyway) and I
have no listeners running (I'm running in non-GUI mode using the -l switch).
I'm also using the default mode so that each sample is reported to the
master - the slave instances themselves shouldn't really be storing any more
information than just the cookies, should they?

Is there any other reason why the memory growth would be as it is?

Thanks,

Drew