Sorry for the double post, edits don't get sent to the mailing list.

I've removed to the Response Assertion in case that was the cause of the
large memory use (it's the only "non-standard" component I'm using) but that
doesn't change the memory usage.

I've also tried running the test on a Windows box (which is running Sun's
JDK instead of OpenJDK) with approximately the same results.

Is this memory usage really standard?  If that's the case, with a more
complex test plan and a higher number of users, I'd be looking at a server
farm just to simulate a couple of dozen users.

Thanks,

Drew