JMeter doesn't execute Javascript or AJAX functionality on the pages, and
really just follows basic actions like going through links or submitting
forms, at least from my experience with it as a load testing tool.  It in no
way attempts to mimic the browser's functionality and appears to just check
for the Http response codes to know if it succeeded or failed.

It doesn't load the images either if I remember correctly, just retrieves
the HTML back along with the response code.  It will never be a perfect
replica of 500 users hitting your system and loading everything and
executing all of your javascript and AJAX.  If you're looking for that,
you're better off with Mercury Loadrunner or a similar tool like it.

Dave