Uninstalling the Java 7 installation should be sufficient. To work correctly Java does not have to be in the path*. When multiple Java versions are installed the highest version is used by default.

I am not sure though if you need to update the JAVA_HOME variable (is that used by JMeter?).

*: actually java.exe and javaw.exe are also located in the System32-folder and those use the registry to locate the Java installation to load.

Mark

nanduri wrote:
Hi, In my environment variable
when i select path variable from System variables and click on edit it was
displaying
Variable name:A
Value:%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program
Files\TortoiseSVN\bin
where shall i add full_path_to_new_installed_java\bin; this line or do i
need to add a new pne more path variobale and i need to add this path.Please
see the screenshot attachement along with this mail.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p25660507/path.GIF path.GIF

nanduri wrote:
After setting path variable i need to install ran the program
ava_ee_sdk-5_07-jdk-6u16-windows.Or After running this i need to restart
the console.
Thanks,
kirann

RaGnoR wrote:
PATH variable is not jmeter's properties but Windows system variable.
Here you have description how to update this value:
Remember not to delete the content of the PATH variable but add:
full_path_to_new_installed_java\bin; at the beginning, then restart
console to check the result.

Best regards,
Jakub