hi  Deepak,
yes launching Jmeter from .bat file only
As you said i have edited .bat file

echo %JM_START%
echo %JM_LAUNCH%
echo %JVM_ARGS%
echo %ARGS% -jar
echo %JMETER_BIN%ApacheJMeter.jar%
echo %JMETER_CMD_LINE_ARGS%
%JM_START% %JM_LAUNCH% %JVM_ARGS% %ARGS% -jar "%JMETER_BIN%ApacheJMeter.jar"
%JMETER_CMD_LINE_ARGS%

and Jmeter opens with result in cmd prompt as:

ECHO is off.
java.exe
ECHO is off.
-Xms256m -Xmx256m -XX:NewSize=128m -XX:MaxNewSize=128m -XX:SurvivorRatio=8
-XX:T
argetSurvivorRatio=50 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=2
-XX:MaxLiveObjectEvacuationRati
o=20 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=600000
-Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=6000
00 -XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=64m  -jar
ApacheJMeter.jar
ECHO is off.
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xrunjvmhook
-Xbootclasspath/a:C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MER
CUR~1\FUNCTI~1\Java\classes;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MERCUR~1\FUNCTI~1\Java\classes\
jasmine.jar
8.2.115
1.0) (SUN 1.5.0_12)

my view reads no info from the variable that are echoed.
Jmeter's cmd prompt still gives message as in Bold letters

Regards
GP

Deepak Shetty wrote:

> Just to confirm , you are launching jmeter by itself ...(not through QTP)
>
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Looks like Im mistaken and it isn't jvm args causing the problem.(because
>> your echo didnt seem to return any values)
>> The batch file you have to edit is jmeter.bat
>> Towards the end there should be a line
>>  %JM_START% %JM_LAUNCH% %ARGS% %JVM_ARGS% -jar
>> "%JMETER_BIN%ApacheJMeter.jar" %JMETER_CMD_LINE_ARGS%
>>
>> Before this line print out each of the above variables and see which one
>> has the QTP specific parameters . Once you identify that you have to
>> reset
>> it (just before the above copied one)
>>
>> regards
>> deepak
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 11:12 PM, gpub <affablepr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> hi
>>>
>>> Agreed that jmeter will work with 1.4 and 1.5. And i got your point
>>> below
>>> 1. edited the .bat file what you wrote below, same parameter has been