sebb <sebbaz <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 04/06/2010, Prakash <pkpalai <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> >  Can someone help me what would be the solution for following scenario?
> >
> >  There are two responses get generated (say X.aspx and Y.aspx) upon a
> >  request.
> >
> >  The value of the <Location> parameter in the HTTP Header Manager of X.aspx
> >  (POST Method used)contains the URL: Y.aspx?ID=abcdf
> >
> >  Y.aspx contains the send parameter that is <ID>
> >
> >  Jmeter does not capture the value of the Location parameter in the HTTP
Header

> JMeter captures all headers that it receives; check the response in
> View Results Tree Listener.
>
> >  Managet of X.aspx during the recording(I found the header details of
X.aspx
> >  contains the <Location> parameter using Fiddler).
> >
> >  How can I set the dynamic values generated by the system for the
<Location>
> >  parameter in the HTTP Header Manager and would capture the value of
variable
> >  (ID) using regular expression from the header of X.aspx and assign it in
the
> >  send parameters of Y.aspx?
>
> Why not use follow redirect?
>
> >  Any help to get the solution will be appreciated.
> >
> >  Thanks,
> >  Prakash

> >  For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help <at> jakarta.apache.org

Hi,

Ofcourse, JMeter captures header details that it receives. But in this
specific context, it does not capture the value of <Location> parameter which
contains the dynamically generated URL that needs to be redirected..

I am using Follow Redirects but how to capture the value of the send parameter
(that is <Location>) for Y.aspx that supposed to be present in the HTTP Header
Manager of X.aspx?

Thanks,
Prakash