Second shameless plug coming... http://www.pushtotest.com/cloudandgrid

-Frank

On Jun 12, 2010, at 5:22 AM, j.kalsb...@jk-itberatung.de wrote:

Alert: shameless self marketing!

Hi all,

as an alternative you could try http://www.jk-itberatung.de/jmeterinthecloud.html and http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=2924 . It's an AMI (acutally two) with jmeter already installed that automatically starts and configures any number of slaves your account allows for. You end up paying only for the EC2 resources you actually need. You do not need to figure out how to install, manage and distribute SW. It has been used for thousands of hours by different clients since last year.

BR,

Jörg

Zitat von William Oberman <ober...@gmail.com>:

It looks like that link is for Jmeter as SaaS (software as a service), and if you're willing to pay, it might be a good deal (I've never used them). I can only assume you give them a Jmeter script, and then they
run it for you and give you the results.

If your question is "how to do it yourself?" and you're starting at
"what is EC2", you have a long and hard road ahead of you (not to be
overly discouraging).  EC2 is simply a way to create virtual machines
that you can run an operating system on (linux, windows, etc...). So,
it's up to you to manage & install software (like Jmeter), and figure
out how distribute it, etc...

will