Oh no that's not what's happening at all, sorry if I misled you. I mean that
multiple users are logging in and changing their usernames at nearly the
same time. I have a random uniform timer under each request, so sometimes
the second or third user is the first to change their username, but after
that, every user gets a different response from the site, making my
assertions point out an error, however the posting of the new username is
actually successful. For some reason posting the new username gives a
different response for every user except for the first. I would probably get
a lot less errors if I changed my response assertion to that received by
threads after the first one.

I have a CSV file with 50 users that I am currently looping through one at a
time and I have received no errors so far, so I'm thinking it's something
more to do with the site than with my test. Would there be any reason it
would be otherwise?