Hi Felix,

I think you're right that it is only simple routing matter if remote server
stands on public IP address.

Base on appearance of jmeter server, I guess the process of communication of
jmeter client and server which is behind firewall might be like below.

 1.  Jmeter client touches RMI server via tunnel.
 2.  Jmeter client obtains information of jmeter server, like IP address,
Server Listening Port and etc.
 3.  Jmeter client creates new socket directly to server according to IP
address and port obtained.
 4.  If it is successful to create socket, test plan will be transferred to
jmeter server, if not error will be logged.

My real concern is whether jmeter server is reachable when it stay on
non-public IP address behind a firewall.
Which IP address Jmeter server registers itself in RMI server, its own one or
the firewall's?
It might be unreachable when it uses its own.
Similarly, if I want keep information transition safe and using SSH tunnel, it
might not work.

If anything is wrong, please correct me.

Thanks and best regards,
Flik