Hi
a timeout means x amount of time elapsed without any response(i.e. no bytes
received). However that doesnt mean the response must complete by that time.
for e.g.
if you have a timeout of 10 seconds , and the server sends you 1Kb every
second for 60 seconds , thats not a timeout since the largest interval of
time without data is 1 second.

regards
deepak