Consider using a data-base instead, its much more flexible and scalable.
Most use-cases where you will need to "write" down for using immediately
after or after some time can be easily updated in a MySQL. So do consider
the JDBC Sampler first.

If you have larger files that you need to keep on disk and then re-use them
in tests while writing other to disk, than this will significantly reduce
the load you can test with JMeter from every test node.