Frankly, using the Database is still better - because of IO considerations
and because once the use-case is getting more complex and you have to write
more datas on the same line in the file, than it makes no sense to organize
the file yourself (CSV style or something) when this is done very simple
with SQL. Also, remember that the OS might need to use the disk from time to
time - meaning unexpected fluctuations in throughput... and so on.