JMeter is very configurable, so I'm pretty sure you can achieve what you want
but I'm still not exactly sure what it is you need.

Do you actually need to use timestamps or is it ok to simply have delays?
Can this be random or must the wait between requests be fixed?
Are the groups of requests specific, or can you just pick any url?
Are the times when requests need to be sent constant or did you just list
1s, 2s, 3s... to keep it simple?
What would the trace file look like, what data would there be and what would
the format be?

But why would you need all this? Just a thought. You might find there is a
better way to solve the original problem / requirement without the need to
get messy. Ultimately, if your aim is to run a load/performance test against
some site then I suspect you are over-complicating things - the best
approach is typically to keep things simple. But if you do have a specific
requirement then, like I say, most likely this is very possible, you just
need to be more specific.

Finally, is this an attempt to deal with concurrent requests or some sort of
Ajax business?

-----
http://www.http503.com/