Hello,
Using HttpClient 3 should avoid issue, since it was a leak in HC4
implementation (lots of SingleCOnnectionManager active).
Regarding nightly, you can get RC 3 here:
http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.5.1RC3/dist/

Please reply to us if your issue with NoClassDefFoundError  is still
occuring with the RC3 dist.

Regards
Philippe
www.ubik-ingenierie.com