On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 1:48 PM, <jaime.prilu...@weizmann.ac.il> wrote:

> According to "Nicolas Vervelle" <nverve...@gmail.com>:
> > It seems that ReCaptcha is not enough to prevent spamming and vandalism
> :(
> > Several edits since yesterday.
> > I have modified the wiki configuration so that email is necessary to
> > register, and that the email must be validated before editing pages.
> > What do you think about this option ?
> > Nico
>
> Nico,
>
> On Proteopedia, only registered users can edit pages, and to manage
> registration
> requests we use Extension:ConfirmAccount
>
> We restrict anonymous editing from LocalSettings.php with
> wgGroupPermissions
>
> I can provide you more details if you want.

Thanks Jaime,

I have also restricted editing to registered users a long time on Jmol wiki
along with other restrictions (see
here<http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/Jmol:Administrators>
)
I will see what the result is with the combination of Captcha and email
registration.
If that's not enough, I will try the ConfirmAccount extension.

Nico