I'm having issues with the 2nd 2-D canvas that shows up below the active
JSmol blocking access to some of the active components on a web page.  Is
this second canvas a place that backup drawing is done.  It never shows
anything, but is collecting clicks and a popup menu can be activated in
it.  It shows up outside of the boarder of the div within which JSmol is
active.  In the DOM this second canvas is listed in the same div as JSmol
is active in.

Did I trigger something bad or am I misusing something?

Thanks,
Jonathan