>... But he did wrap some Jmol
> scripts into a little molecule viewer, which we have mounted on
>
> http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/  (this is the unbranded page!  But at least we
> can show the world now, whereas the branding probably will not
> emerge for months yet)

Looks good!

> We have one problem that we would value your comments on.
>
> In a script called showmol.js  (below)  we have attempted some flow
> control using  msgWindow.document.async = false;  to stop the problem of
> the script running  BEFORE the applet has finished loading. It does not
> work very reliably though.   Do you know of any better solution?

Hmmm ... I didn't see any animation, so I understand the problem. I am
working on on a slow/older Mac today instead of my normal (Linux) machine.

Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of experience with JavaScript. And I've
never seen the document.async flag.

Here is a simple suggestion you could try ... insert a 'delay' command at
the beginning of your script.
  delay 10
will sleep for 10 seconds

A few other small comments about the molecule:
 - I see that the atoms are spacefilled. The current release does not take
this into account when it calculates the scaling. Therefore, the atoms
are being clipped when you rotate. You may want to do a 'zoom 95' or
something like that in order to slightly decrease the size of the
molecule. ... Or, just leave it alone, the next release of Jmol will
calculate the scaling assuming that atoms are 100% spacefilled
 - The current release does not deal with intersecting surfaces properly.
Therefore, spacefilled molecules don't look right. During rotations the
atoms will "pop" to the front. I have built a 3d graphics kernel for the
development version which does the right thing. Hopefully it will be
released within a few months.

Miguel