Bob Hanson wrote:
> OK, I'm making my way through the resonses here. In the mean time I
> have implemented (another) prototype that I would like people to take
> a look at. See the files in
>
> http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr/jmol/test/json
>
> in particular:
>
> http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr/jmol/test/json/json.htm
> http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr/jmol/test/json/callback.htm
> http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr/jmol/test/json/sync.htm

<snip>
> sync.htm
>
> Someone -- sorry, I can't find the message right now -- suggested that
> this might be used for synchronizing two applets. Well, that sounded
> fine to me. So I decided to see whether it would work. Why not 4? On
> this page the jmolSynchronize() command is all you do. Just enter the
> numbers of the applets you want to synchronize, so, for example:
> jmolSynchronize(0,1,2,3,4,5) would sync the first 6 applets on the
> page. You could of course first set them up with different display
> characteristics. SOMEONE will use this!

I tested the 'sync.htm' page.

At a  'SuSE Linux 9.3' computer it didn't work with 'Firefox 1.0.7' (no
reaction in the other applets) , but worked with 'Konqueror'.
At a 'Windows XP SP2' computer it worked with 'Firefox 1.0.7' and
'Internet Explorer', but 1 or 2 of the applets didn't show the molecule,
although they responded to the mouse with a rotation.
In all cases where the synchronization worked, the Jmol popup menu
(right mouse click) didn't work. In the other case the popup menu worked
as usual.

Regards,
Rolf