Angel,
         Thanks for the atom description link.  It appears the pdb I
am using is incorrectly structured; other files work OK.  However, I
have not found a property returned by jmolgetpropertyasarray that
identifies whether an atom is part of the sidechain or backbone.  Am
I overlooking something (obvious)?
Steve

>Steve,
>
>With properly formatted PDB files:
>- use asterisk instead of prime
>- sugar atoms have standard ID's, so you could try to check/select
>base apart from pentose using those, or else use built-in "sidechain"
>and "backbone" keywords.
>
>I am not used to callbacks, but I think it could be done that way.
>I put a description of atom IDs on
>http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/AtomSets

>Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
>Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
>Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
>http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642

>End of Jmol-users Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1153

Dr. Steven R. Spilatro
Chair, Department of Biology
Marietta College