Here is Bob Hanson's reply, from late October, to my inquiry regarding
Jmol's ability to sprout hydrogens as was possible within Chime. (My
knowledge is not sophisticated enough to know whether this line of pursuit
might meet your needs, but here it is.) There was little feedback from
others so I believe it was dropped or back-burnered.
­Byrne