I commited a simple change to revision 8585. After creating the povray file,
you should set the value:

noShadows = 'false';

in the .pov file. Run povray again on the .ini file and you will get the
same picture, but with shadows. Eventually this could/should be configurable
via jmol, either as an option to the 'write' command, or as a jmol variable
that can be set.

--
Greetings, Pim
http://www.molmod.com