Thanks! That kind of solves the issue. It isn't lighting fast, but
I've come down to 12 seconds in order to paint 2000 bps, which is an
impressive improvement over the previous 8+ minutes.

Anyway, I think that the developers should keep an eye on the 'select'
command, it is quite slow for the overall speed of jmol

Cheers,
Carles

El 10/01/2008, a las 14:34, Angel Herraez escribió:

> The only thing I can imagine is that there is indeed some overload in
> doing the selections.
> Maybe Jmol has to go over all atoms (quite a lot of them in 500pb,
> right?) checking for their name each time.
>
> If your atom numbers are correlative, as in your example
> select C73, N74, C75, O76, N77, C78, O79, C80, C81, C82; color [0,
> 72, 0];
> Try this:
> select (atomno>=73 and atomno<=82); color [0, 72, 0];

Carles Fenollosa Bielsa
Barcelona Supercomputing Center / Life Sciences
Nexus II / Jordi Girona, 29 / 08034 Barcelona
+34 93 413 76 02