Reichsman Frieda wrote:

>Hi All,
>color range -0.6478 0.2751; mapped data range -0.26758346 to 0.03863874

Frieda, if you are mapping MEP data, remember that a MEP calculation is
being done that converts charge on atoms to potential at some distance
(on the surface) from a bunch of atoms, collectively. This value falls
off with distance. So that's probably why your numbers are low. They
aren't just charges, and really they are just approximations of electron
potential, as well. If you want to map the charges themselves, you will
need to use "map property partialcharge". But that will look somewhat
blotchy, I suspsect.

I'm sure you have the color range/absolute business correct.

Bob

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900