The time it takes to open and process files is always reported.

There are some timers set up for just this sort of comparison. If you

set loglevel 5

you should start getting some indications. I see these for the following:

1) isosurface solvent

2) if the applet startup parameters include

  jmolSetCallback("loglevel",5)

you should see a message relating to setting up the shading normals.

3) Hydrogen bond calculation can be timed using

 calculate hbonds

4) Auto bonding time is reported from

  connect auto

5) The time to build the "binary space partitioning forest" is reported --
this has to do with how Jmol figures out what atoms are near others -- one
of the BRILLIANT things that Miguel introduced and in large part the key to
Jmol's amazing speed in bonding, selecting, and surface generation

6) The time to generate dots is reported

7) If you also

  set testFlag1 TRUE

then the time to render is reported -- that's a good one.

That should be all of them. I consolidated these messages some time back.

Bob

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900