Bill, sorry to tell you, but JmolAppletControl has been removed, starting
with Jmol 11.6. Jmol.js doesn't use it, and it was taking up space in the
jar file.

I would just stick with those older pages the way they are. They are working
fine, right? If you want to upgrade to 11.6, also upgrade to using Jmol.js
and use the button links that are part of that. I don't think 11.6 will get
you anything on those pages that you don't already have with the older
version of Jmol. Even Jmol 11.4 should work for you (although I'm not 100%
sure of that, because I must admit I never tested the JmolAppletControl
aspect of 11.4.)

Bob

For future pages, Jmol.js will serve you well.

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 2:16 PM, William Reusch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am impressed by the advancements that Bob and others have made over
> the past year, but my reluctance to change what is working has deferred
> my examination of newer versions of Jmol.  I now find that scripts that
> are working well with an early 2007 version of Jmol seem to have a
> liveconnect problem in version 11.6.1, in that buttons that change the
> atom display or load a new molecule no longer work.  This test consisted
> of placing a copy of a functioning html file in the jmol-11.6.1 folder
> downloaded from sourceforge, along with necessary pdb files, and running
> it from a freshly booted system.  Admittedly, this script does not use
> the recommended javascript library, but I prefer to script the applet
> directly, and I fear my time investment in existing scripts will
> prohibit me from upgrading.
> The platform is a Mac G4 running OS 10.3.9.  The browsers are Firefox
> and Safari.  I will test this on a Windows machine later.
> This simple example is:
> http://www.cem.msu.edu/~reusch/VirtTxtJml/demo.htm<http://www.cem.msu.edu/%7Ereusch/VirtTxtJml/demo.htm>
> <http://www.cem.msu.edu/%7Ereusch/VirtTxtJml/demo.htm>
>
> Bill

1520 St. Olaf Ave.
Northfield, MN 55057
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
phone: 507-786-3107

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900