El 20 Nov 2008 a las 22:09, Ondrej Certik escribió:

> Wow, all those applets work perfectly in my browser.  So the problem
> seems related to some communication between the applet and javascript,
> right?

Yes, that confirms it. These pages do not use Jmol.js (in fact, they
are rather old are were semi-lost, I dug them out from the webpages
some time ago, but they are not the recommended method for writing
pages. The Jmol.js inserts the applet using a much more cross-browser
code.)
But then you are quite limited to ways of interacting with the applet
from buttons, links etc. Or at least they are harder to code than
using Jmol.js.

Your former reports clearly pointed to a Java-Javascript
communication problem.

> I haven't yet tried a different browser.

That is VERY important. You need to know if it's the Java VM or the
browser implementation.

> So I'll report using the jmol demo pages as an example that doesn't
> work. But if they say that it is a problem in your applets, I'll get
> stuck again. :)

No, The applet is the same. It's the javascript interface that
varies.

Are you saying that the links at the end of "Basic Scripting" work in
your system, or just the applets? Hmmm...